Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Seeker Sensitive

This is an issue that I have wanted to blog about for a while. The problem is that I have never been able to express my opinion on the matter in a simple and concise way. Tonight, however, one of our pastors addressed this fad so well. In essence the words were always readily available to me. I just wasn't looking were I should have been looking. (Ironically, I think this is one of the major problems with the seeker sensitive movement.)
Romans 3:10-11 "As it is written, 'There is none righteous, not even one; There is none who understands, there is none who seeks for God;'"
The main problem with the seeker sensitive church is that there are really no seekers. But you say, there are some people that are looking for God. Really, who is doing the seeking? Seeker sensitive church members need to put down their copy of the Purpose Driven Life and pick up a reliable copy of the Word of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he also said grandparents have a major influence on your christian life, true of you I think.

Krista said...

Good reminder! It's so easy to pick up all the "help" books instead of reading the one Book that has all the answers ready for us. Thanks!