Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pregnancy Similarities

I got a call this morning from my doctor's office, informing that I am going to be induced on Saturday. Needless to say I cried.
This pregnancy has been so similar to my pregnancy with Hero, but so totally different than the two boys. I carry the same as I did with Hero, I crave the same things as I did with her, and I have the same problems. That's the crazy thing. It is not as common to get hypertension with the fourth child as with the first, but that is what has happened. I even remember the doctor saying with Hero that it was hard to tell if I was hypertensive, because my blood pressure always went down as soon as I laid down. This is exactly what happens now. I lay on my back and my b.p. is way up. I flip to my side and it goes right down. So why did I think that the end would be any different? When I was told of induction with Hero, I was elated. I was so excited for the pregnancy to be over. This time it is different. Of course I am thrilled for the pregnancy to be over, but now I know better about inductions. I know that the difference in the pain is incomparable to that of labor that starts naturally. If I am fortunate enough, maybe I could go into labor before then. We'll see. At the very least, I can proudly say that I never missed my due date with any of my four kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to tell what happened at the Doctor today

bethany said...

I will be praying for you...inductions are hard...been there...done that (of wait three times). If you body has already started even a little it will be better. Keep strong.