Tuesday, February 03, 2009

No Spend Challenge


It is so funny, how things happen. Last month we discussed the posibility of not spending any money in February. It sounded like a fun thing to do. (Yes, I know. We are weird.) The goal is to see how much money we can save in one month. This month seemed perfect, because it is a shorter month, with no major spending holidays. (Valentine's Day will be extra creative this year!)
Well, the funny part all this is that a lot of other people had the same idea. In the blogs that I normally read I came across this post. It is encouraging to know that others are trying out the same thing! So, if you are up to it, it is not to late to join the challenge. For some, this may be a daunting task. For others, it may be a piece of cake. I'm thinking we are somewhere in the middle, but we shall see when the month is over. We're off to a good start. Two days down, only 26 more to go!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you have to buy groceries and gas?

Kara said...

We are trying to limit our gas to $50. We still have some $ left on a gift card so this should be easily doable. When we don't go anywhere we save money on gas and the stuff we might have been tempted to buy. As far as groceries, we are limited to fresh fruit and vegetables to spend on. My freezer is packed, and so are my shelves in the garage so we should be set there. I have plenty of diapers, but I will buy more if I see a really good price (as this could hurt my savings in the long run by buying when they are not on sale.)