Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Doctor Visit

Well, it is just as we assumed. Ransom has eczema. I decided that since I had to take Mercy in for her checkup, I might as well schedule an appointment for Ransom too, just in case. My secret fear was that his rash was a form of premature skin cancer. Thankfully, no, just eczema. (I can blame his father for that one.)
Anyway, on to Mercy. She is 12 lbs 9 oz. She is in the 60 percentile. She is exactly half of Ransom's weight. She got 3 shots and an oral vaccination for Rotovirus. Normally, shots make my kiddos tired. It is actually something I enjoy (no, not seeing them in pain, but I like the break I get when they are sleeping.) Well, Mercy apparently did not get the memo. She did not sleep; she screamed all the way home. She screamed so much at home that I gave her another bath. Mercy loves baths. Unfortunately, they have to end some time and as soon as she was wrapped in the towel she howled again. I finally gave her some pain reliever. Now, even though she is sleeping, she wakes up periodically and cries. Poor thing. Pray that Mommy and Mercy will get some sleep.

No comments: