Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Spin

My youngest son enjoys swinging in his outside swing. It is one of the few places that I can set him down and he will be happy for more than ten minutes. Today I did just that. I set him in his swing so he could watch his brother and sister entertain him. Every so often, one of the older children would push him a little. I would observe the interaction from the kitchen window, venturing away for only the briefest of moments. Unfortunately, one of these moments was not so brief as it should have been. I returned to find my daughter releasing the swing that she had just twisted up. The swing, with the baby inside, twisted wildly. I ran out the door, stopped the swing (which still had a couple of revolutions left,) unbuckled the baby, and lifted him up. I watched his little eyes try to focus as I waited for the barf that I thought was inevitable. Fortunately, that didn't happen and the baby seemed fine. My other two children couldn't quite understand why Ransom didn't have a good time.

No comments: