Monday, June 23, 2008

Long time, no post

Okay, so I was recently reminded that I have not blogged in two weeks. Not since Hero's last week of school. (I can't believe it has only been two weeks...seems like 12.) I will not go incredibly in depth about our life happenings in that time span, but I give you some highlights.
First, yes, I am still pregnant. No, we do not have a name. Yes, I realize that we only have four weeks left and the baby could theoretically be born at any time. Don't remind me. I thought up until a few days ago that this child would be easier on her Momma than her closest sibling, but I am mistaken. I have a very hard time sleeping at night. I wake up with a sore stomach from being pummeled internally during the night. But enough complaining....
Second, Justin is currently studying Greek. It is kind of strange for me to see him facing a challenge in a class. He is definitely up to the task. He is studying every day. I am amazed at how much he has learned over the past few weeks.
Third, family life has kept me on my toes, constantly. I have been trying hard to establish a morning prayer time with the kids. After we pray (a page from our church's directory), I make a list out for each child to accomplish for the day. I wish I could say this is going great, but it is still a work in progress. I can see that my attitude has a dramatic effect on this. I also realize that just because you pray with your kids in the morning, it is not a magic formula for having a smooth rest of the day!
Lastly, the weather has been HOT here. The kids have been coping by playing in the pool and I have been coping by enjoying central air conditioning and Popsicles.
I apologize for not having new photos up. I will work on that soon. Tomorrow we are going to Sea World so I hope to have a few from that at least. That reminds me. I should probably Google where the closest Kaiser is in San Diego, just in case....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there kiddo,have fun at Sea World